Step up your sandwich game with this Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich.
It works wonderfully as a tuna replacement- but better!
Not only can it be left in the fridge for over a week without spoiling (because you’re not using any animal products), but it also tastes better when you let it linger in the mix of ingredients.
So, it’s great if your wanting to whip up a big batch as lunches for the week. You’ll not only gain time but also some FLAVOUR!
Another bonus is it won’t leave a fishy scent behind in the office/ classroom like most tuna sandwiches do.
Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Prep Time:5 mins
Cook Time:5 mins
Total Time:10 mins
- 2 slices of bread, toasted (wheat or gluten-free loaf of your choice)
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- ¼ small red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp Vegenaise
- pinch of garlic powder
- Handful of organic bean sprouts
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Sriracha Hot Sauce to taste
- Blend chickpeas in a food mixer or blender (don’t need to blend until smooth, tastes better when there are still a couple of chunks of chickpeas).
- Put blended chickpeas in a medium sized bowl.
- Add finely diced celery and onion to medium bowl of chickpeas.
- Mix in Vegenaise (feel free to add more or less depending on desired creaminess).
- Add garlic powder and cracked black pepper.
- Stir all together with a fork.
- Toast 2 slices of bread.
- Put chickpea salad mixture onto toast, and top with bean sprouts, and sriracha hot sauce.
- Close your sandwich and ENJOY!