Facial rejuvenation acupuncture is a safe alternative method to achieve your cosmetic goals. Using acupuncture to address skin concerns, such as fine lines and wrinkles offers a non-toxic, injection free treatment that you can fit into your day without any down time. We want to help you feel your best, inside and out!
How it works
Facial acupuncture works in a few ways:
- Underlying facial muscles are toned (to reduce sagging and lines) using traditional Chinese point locations. Tension in these muscles can lead to the development of wrinkles, such as the brow furrow or the lip-pursing lines.
- Micro-dermal needles are inserted into the dermis only, to stimulate the body’s natural ability to produce collagen. This reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Acupuncture points stimulate Qi (“Chee”) movement in the body. Using traditional Chinese medicine acupuncture points in the face, the body brings Qi energy as well as blood flow and improved circulation to the areas needing addressing.
What to expect
- Dr. Kristin strives to create a safe, warm and welcoming environment, where you can enjoy the benefits of facial acupuncture comfortably. Every effort is made to create a comfortable environment allowing you to reap the whole body benefits of acupuncture. If you are new to acupuncture, your first treatment will be used to introduce your body to acupuncture, and facial acupuncture points will be minimal and directed by the patient’s tolerance.
- During treatments you will receive traditional Chinese medicine acupuncture (typically 4-6 points) in the hands and feet, which help to reduce stress, and improve the flow of Qi energy in the body.
- Typically results take time, but may subtle changes may be noticeable after the first treatment. You may see a reduction in depth of wrinkles after one or two treatments. For maximal results 4-6 treatments are required.
- After the treatment you will be able to get-up-and-go back to work, or on with your day. There is no down time required!
- Maintenance of results may be required every 6-8 weeks (One session only to maintain results)
Treatments are 45 minutes long, except your initial treatment, which is one hour long. During treatments you will receive an assessment of the skin’s health and review of pertinent health history to ensure safety.
The details of your services are as follows:
- Jade rolling is a calming technique used prior to acupuncture, where a jade stone is rolled over the skin. A cooling sensation is felt.
- A hypoallergenic skin lotion is applied during a soothing facial massage, which helps to relax the face muscles.
- Acupuncture needles are inserted into the hands and feet to maintain an energetic balance, and to assist in de-stressing, while facial acupuncture occurs.
- Fine, sterile acupuncture needles are inserted into the face following traditional methods.
- Micro-dermal needles are inserted along wrinkle lines.
- Skin health focused naturopathic dietary and lifestyle recommendations.
Cost and Scheduling
- Initial visits cost $125 for one-hour consultation and treatment and follow-up visits at $90 per treatment.
- Approximately 6-10 treatments are required for full and lasting results.
- Maintenance treatments may be required for some individuals.
- Pre booking your treatments allows you to schedule your full treatment duration at a time that is consistently convenient for you, while also ensuring you receive your full course of treatments. Typically pre-booking 5 treatments is sufficient.
- Payments are always accepted at the time of appointments. A naturopathic acupuncture sales receipt is issued to allow you to submit to your extended benefits insurance provider.
Generally facial acupuncture is very safe, especially compared to alternatives such as botox, fillers, and laser therapies. This treatment does pose a slight risk of bruising following treatment.
If you have any other questions about the therapy or the service provided please call or email us to ask!