Spring is just around the corner, and with a change of season also comes a change in schedule. With more sunshine, you tend to want to get out more, become busier and have more places to get to in a hurry. But just because you’re in a rush, that doesn’t mean that you have to compromise you health by choosing foods that lower your vibration, rather than raise it!
When I’m on-the-go — whether it’s travelling in my car to go visit my family that lives out of town, or out and about running errands — I always like to have some quick and easy snack options that I can just pop into my mouth. No fuss, no muss!
These salted dark chocolate energy balls are just that!
Not only do they make a great ‘on-the-go’ snack, but are also a delicious, and decadent treat that comes without a sugar rush.
For all my chocolate lovers, you really can have it all with these!
Made with a black bean and date base, they super filling and nutritious. They’ve got a super simple ingredient list and if you do baking of any kind… you will likely already have most of these ingredients in your pantry.
To fancy them up, drizzle a little bit of melted dark chocolate or sprinkle with some chopped nuts!
Not a fan of chocolate? We’ve got you covered. These strawberry shortcake energy balls are another great on-the-go alternative.
Salted Dark Chocolate Energy Balls
Prep Time:10 mins
Cook Time:0 mins
Total Time:10 mins
1/3 cup Pitted Dates (packed)
2 cups Black Beans (cooked)
1/2 cup Chocolate Protein Powder
1/3 cup Pumpkin Seed Butter
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1/2 cup Organic Dark Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine dates, black beans, chocolate protein powder, pumpkin seed butter, sea salt, and cacao powder in the bowl of your food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place on the covered baking sheet. You should have about 3 balls per serving.
- To make the optional chocolate drizzle: melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler and drizzle over balls.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour to set. Enjoy!